COMPETITION CLOSED: Win a free signed copy of Web Marketing That Works. Put a comment below telling us your biggest marketing waste (of time or money). Best answer wins. Closes 21 May 2014.
This week we chat with online expert, author and agency owner Adam Franklin. Adam was the one guy I looked up to early on and set me on the path to marketing through content. In this interview you will learn from Adam on what works online.
Better always beats more @Franklin_Adam via @wpcurve – CLICK TO TWEET
Background and links
- Web Marketing That Works + 33 free templates
- Web Marketing That Works on Amazon
- Adam on Twitter @Franklin_Adam
- Started cold visiting businesses to sell them websites in 2005. His business Bluewire Media came out of that. Initially focused on building new sites. Now works more on products, consulting and workshops.
- When cold calling visiting didn’t work, and cold calling didn’t work, Adam started chasing clients who were advertising in a local paper who didn’t have a website.
- Their first job came through a referral network.
- David Meerman Scott
- Verne Harnish
General web marketing themes
Create content that will live on and add value over time.
- Better always beats more
- Create a flagship downloadable or pillar blog post that will define your business
- For Adam, it was his Web Strategy Planning Template
- Give away what you are already using with your clients
- Don’t be afraid to give away tools you are charging for
Get the opt in not the sale
- People want advice not products (75% looking to buy only 2% ready to purchase). So get people to opt in for something valuable and sell later.
- This stat comes from these great Hubspot marketing statistics
- Give away as much as you can, help people and it will come back to you.
- Adam started off doing free design for clients to get his first few jobs.